Rio Grande Winery is looking for a talented and motivated individual to join the RGW family! This is for a part-time/full-time position working Thursdays-Sundays.
Line Cook Job Responsibilities:
- Work under the direction of the General Manager & Tasting Room Manager
- Maintain cleanliness and complies with food sanitation requirements by adequately handling food and ensuring proper storage.
- Cleans and sanitizes cooking surfaces at the end of the shift.
- Performs inventory checks and completes food storage and temperature logs.
- Follows standardized procedures and utilizes the IK Order Entry System for line food production.
- Maintains proper temperatures of grill and convection ovens to ensure proper cooking.
- Cleanliness and Sanitation
- Sets up and maintains sanitation station.
- Follows standardized cleaning procedures and practices the “clean-as-you-go” philosophy.
- Maintains focus and awareness on cross-contamination concerns and maintains proper product temperatures.
- Follows FIFO and keeps up with proper product dating and rotation requirements.
- Follows departmental closing procedures.
- Performs daily cleaning assignments.
- Maintains organization throughout the shift in work areas, cooler spaces, and dry storage areas.
- Ensures proper placement and separation of items on the grill.
- Stores all items in their designated labeled areas and maintains a clutter-free work area.
- Utilizes the speed rack and reach-in coolers to facilitate proper preparation and staging of product.
- Maintains organization of system for quick and easy access to needed ingredients
- Assists other team members when necessary. Asks for help when necessary.
- Works as a team with all production staff, Expo, Food Traffic Controller, and management.
- Assists management in any way conducive to the efficient operation of the winery.
- Effectively communicates product and equipment issues to management promptly.
- Monitors levels of small-batch items and communicates with the team to plan production amounts.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- One to two years of experience as a line cook, restaurant cook, or prep cook
- Certificate in Culinary Arts preferred
- Experience with various cooking methods and procedures
- Familiar with industry best practices
- Regular standing and walking
- Frequently lifts and moves up to 50 pounds
- Valid driver’s license
- Keep up to date with current Government mandates.
- Liaise with owners about current Covid-19 restrictions and compliance
- Ensure Covid-19 best practices are being followed, as per best guidance at the time from NM Health and other regulatory bodies
$13 per hour plus tips and catering gratuities