RGW Tasting Room Associate - Job Description
Our Tasting Room Associate is an instrumental role for our Winery Experience team, with responsibility for both back-of-house daily tasks and front-of-house guest service. Our team members are the face of our winery and work together to create wonderful experiences for our guests. This integral role requires frequent dialogue between team members and guests while maintaining an evolving list of priorities.
Candidates should be professional and always looking to satisfy the customer.
Primary DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that guests' experiences exceed company standards.
- Responsible for ensuring alcoholic beverages are not served to guests under the age of 21
- Responsible for knowing our menus and policies thoroughly
- Wash/buff glassware
- Reset/rearrange terrace furniture, including patio heaters, umbrellas etc.
- Set up/breakdown of Private Tasting Experiences
- Restock wine and merchandise.
- Assist in performing weekly and monthly inventory.
- Respond promptly and appropriately to guests’ requests with a can-do attitude.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
- Maintain a positive, happy, and calm demeanor with guests and peers at all time.
- Sharing a love for the Southwest
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Some wine knowledge or at minimum an interest in wine
- Previous experience in a restaurant setting, or hotel preferred.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to take direction
- Strong time management, the ability to manage multiple priorities and workflow.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Currently hold or have the ability to obtain a New Mexico Alcohol Servers Permit.
- Reliable transport
- Weekend Availability REQUIRED
- Ability to lift 40-65 pounds throughout the day
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
Here at Rio Grande Winery, we are a passionate group of wine professionals (aka wine geeks) who love spreading the word about our wines and all things Southwest.
We are looking for a Las Cruces local to join our Winery Experience team who is energetic, motivated, and wants to provide a high level of customer service to our guests.
Don't have tasting room experience? No problem, if you bring the passion to learn, we can teach you!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Host wine tastings for multiple groups both outdoors and indoors.
- Effectively convey Rio Grande Winery wine information, story, and history with confidence, passion, and enthusiasm.
- Create a memorable guest experience with a high level of customer service.
- Present the benefits of wine club membership to guests to continue the growth of our wine club while contributing to our monthly & yearly goals.
- Experience with cash register point of sale systems and handling monetary transactions including end of day reporting.
- Maintain accurate customer information in point of sale, phone, and online reservations, along with correct entry of wine club member information and thank you cards.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of glassware, tasting room, bathrooms, kitchen, and patio surfaces is required. This includes preparation and cleanup for appointments.
- Understanding and adhering to all company and tasting room policies and procedures.
- Daily stocking of wine, retail items and supplies in the tasting room and packing of wine club member shipments.
- Weekend Availability (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) REQUIRED.
- Winery & restaurant/hospitality experience is preferred, but not required.
- Must be 21 or older.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay productive during slower periods.
- Be a team player who is positive, friendly, and helpful while always embracing a diverse and inclusive environment for everyone.
- Professional dress while prepared for changing weather conditions and comfortable being on your feet for up to eight hours a day.
- Currently hold or have the ability to secure a New Mexico Alcohol servers permit.
- New Mexico food handler card a plus.
- Pre-employment criminal background check and drug testing is required.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Eric Owens | Rio Grande Winery